Francine Busby, Chair (Email)
Francine has distinguished herself as a strong advocate for women and girls, public education and equal opportunity for all Americans. She is the Executive Director of Run Women Run, a non-profit organization dedicated to electing pro-choice women. Francine has also served as the President of the Cardiff School District and previously ran for Congress. Since 2004, she has been in the forefront of the dynamic growth of the San Diego County Democratic Party as a candidate, mentor, volunteer, North Area Vice-Chair, and fundraiser.
Jessica Hayes, Vice Chair, South Area (Email)
J. Eric Hereford, Vice Chair, East Area (Email)
J. Eric Hereford has been active with the San Diego County Democratic Party for 25 years, serving on its Executive Board previously as Political Director and now as Vice Chair. He has also served as Vice Chair and Secretary of the California Democratic Party’s African-American Caucus, chaired Assembly District Committees (77th and 79th), and held leadership roles with the La Mesa-Foothills and Martin Luther King Democratic Clubs. Eric has worked for the California State Assembly for more than 20 years and presently serves as a Senior Consultant to the Assembly Speaker’s office. A Vietnam-era veteran, he served as an officer in the U.S. Coast Guard.
Esther Sanchez, Vice Chair, North Area (Email)
Howard Wayne, Vice Chair, Central Area (Email)
Sunny Escovedo, Controller (Email)
Ashley Harrington, Secretary (Email) Ashley Harrington is a graduate of the University of San Diego, where she studied political science and theology. As an active Young Democrat, she is proud to have volunteered on the successful campaign to elect Scott Peters to Congress. She works at Jewish Family Service of San Diego with volunteers and the Emerging Leaders. Ashley is passionate about social justice and currently advocates for the developmentally disabled in San Diego.
John Gordon, Director of Administration (Email)
John has been active in Democratic Party politics for 42 years as volunteer, observer, contributor, and analyst, working to build the Democratic Party brand from an organizational standpoint. He served as Secretary of the Executive Board from 2009-2012. John is a consultant who focuses on financial management and other general management topics.
Ruth Rollins, Director of Clubs (Email)
In Missoula, MT Ruth campaigned for Max Baucus running for the State House. He won and now serves as a U.S. Senator. Ruth served as the State Chair of the Realtors PAC. She was also State Committee Women, Missoula Dem. Women’s Club Pres., Delegate to the state presidential nominating convention. She came to San Diego in 1984, became a stock broker and married a Republican. After his death, she joined the PLDC and was elected Sec. and then President, 2009/2012. She currentlt serves as a CDP Convention Delegate, and serves on the Central Committee as an alternate.
Kami Olsson, Director of Grassroots Organizing(Email)
Kami has been part of the Grassroots Organizing (GO) Team since 2007 serving as a Precinct Leader, La Jolla Community Coordinator, and Countywide Coordinator. A UCSD Alumna and local business owner, she brings 20 years of industry experience as a software engineer, leadership and software trainer, and project manager to the Party. In addition to the GO Team, she is our database administrator and provides website and technical support to the Party.
Jesse Durfee, Past Chair, Chair Emeritus (Email)
Jess served as County Party Chair for four terms and, was bestowed with the title of Chair Emeritus. In 2008 Jess was the first San Diegan in recent memory to be elected to the Democratic National Committee and was relected to the same in 2012. He has been active in Democratic politics for 24 years and had a 15-year career as a high school teacher and administrator. During his time as a teacher, Jess was a negotiator and president for his local union and served at the state and national levels as a political action leader.
- @sandiegodems Party Chair: Minimum wage veto is "depriving many families of the ability to pay rent and put food on the table." http://t.co/GcdOM2Jxm8
- @Kimber4Congress At Politics in Paradise. Rep. Hunter has agreed to TWO debates. @DNC4Vets @sandiegodems @CDPVeterans @DPRC http://t.co/yFfbpyfyTN
- @sandiegodems DeMaio rallies Tea Party members to "fight for our principles," calls them the "conscience of accountable gov't": http://t.co/AyIrH42Qoc
- @sandiegodems New SD Council District 6 poll has @carolkimd6 and Chris Cate in a statistical tie: http://t.co/SkqfPZu4jS
- @sandiegodems . @ScottPetersSD supports the protection & strengthening of Medicaire, while DeMaio wants vouchers to benefit insurance cos, not seniors
- @sandiegodems Call the mayor and tell him why our full time workers deserve a living wage: 619-236-6330
- @sandiegodems We are collecting goods for the SD Immigrant Rights Consortium -- see list of items here + drop off at our HQ Mon-Fri http://t.co/MB9oFVfuJ2
- @sandiegodems Orange County federal judge rules death penalty in CA unconstitutional http://t.co/gIESSscHFt
- @sandiegodems By raising the minimum wage we'll be adding the extra wages right back into our local economy. #RaiseUpSD
- @sandiegodems Join us for the Big Blue BBQ on July 27th at Felicita Park! Proceeds benefit North Area Democrats. http://t.co/iPrjsDjdHC